YetAnotherForum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Squirrel Visual Studio 2008 Integration stable
planbb
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:16:16 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
i found that the font color is conflicted with the visual assist, is there a way to choose whether enable the font color for this plugin?
crash
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 11:18:37 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
bryan wrote:
Are there any updates on the 2010 version of this? Alberto, you were saying someone was working on a 2010 port. Do you know if that has happened or if it has stopped? If it has stopped, is there any chance the source can be posted so the effort can be continued?

We were working on it, and I think I got it compiling properly as a 2010 .vsix before moving on to other things. Where should I send the code?
crash
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 1:28:20 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've simply zipped up our entire directory out of Perforce and hosted it on my personal Dropbox at:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u...rel/squirrel_vs2010.zip

These are the changes we made to the 2008 package:

* Build a VSIX package (compatible with 2010) rather than a .WiX package (compatible with 2008)
* replace namespace "AlbertoDemichelis" with "VisualSquirrel"
* Stability improvements to Visual Squirrel. Better error handling to prevent Visual Studio becoming unstable and crashing if you hit "F5" before there is a Squirrel for it connect to.
* Adjust some function signatures to be compatible with the 2010 version of Microsoft's interop DLLs
* Sign ManagedSquirrel and ManagedSquirrel3 dll's with Key.snk files found in each of their directories
* Copy SquirrelLanguageService vsix output file to VisualSquirrel project directory as a post build step to SquirellLanguageService.
* Fix VisualSquirrel failing to allow sqproj property editing in vs2010 due to exception in location lookup. Added some basic exception handling to the lookup.
* Removing files from a project no longer deletes them from disk. (There's a #define you can disable if you want the old behavior back.)

It's been over a year since I've looked at this, I'm afraid, so I don't quite remember the details of how to build it. But if my memory serves me correctly, simply loading and building the solution ought to work.

2 users thanked crash for this useful post.
twotribes on 1/7/2013(UTC), absence on 8/21/2015(UTC)
twotribes
#24 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 9:28:01 AM(UTC)

Thanks a lot for posting this!

After setting the assembly references, I managed to build the VSIX package. But when trying to debug a squirrel application, I noticed that the program always breaks at an invalid source. It is as if the SquirrelStackFrame information never has been set. When looking in the code, I also noticed that a lot of code has been commented out. Any idea as to why the stackframe information is invalid when hitting a breakpoint?

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Martijn
twotribes
#25 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 3:33:42 PM(UTC)

Hi all,

I traced it a bit and noticed that SquirrelDebugContext.OnPacket calls ParseVMSnapshot(doc), which in turn sets the stackframes. ParseVMSnapshot seems to expect an XML document with "o" and "call" nodes. Based on these nodes, it can build the stack frames (BuildStackFrames).

But... the XML document looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<break thread="003803F0" line="365" src="scripts/entities/bird.nut" type="breakpoint" />

It only contains the breakpoint information and nothing else. So it seems obvious that the stack frames cannot be built with only that information. Does anyone know why the other information (call and o) isn't part of the received packet?

Cheers,

Martijn
weolar
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 11:04:59 AM(UTC)

Do you have a plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional?
our project all compile with 2005...