YetAnotherForum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

New Topic Post Reply
SQDev question
kas
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2006 12:08:20 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3

Thanks: 0 times
Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
doesnt know where to post this, so writing in here. i've tried to use SQDev with Eclipse 3.1 but there's neither new project type nor new perspective. what am i doing wrong and how to make that plugin work? tnx in advance

fagiano
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:59:21 AM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Joined: 6/11/2005(UTC)
Posts: 1,063

Thanks: 0 times
Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 63 post(s)
You just have to copy the plugins in the plughin directory and start eclipse.


That's it. I don't think there's much that can go wrong.


Alberto

Follow me on Twitter @squirrellang
squatneyRebel
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:59:29 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/25/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1

Thanks: 0 times
Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I had a problem with eclipse 3.1.2, the perspective was there and I could create a squirrel project but when I tried to open a new squirrel file there was an error message about not being able to find a one of the org.eclipse.jface.text classes (I think!). So, I got rid of 3.1.2,  installed 3.1 instead , and as  stated  above, extracted  the sqdev_2_October_2005.zip file into my eclipse\plugins folder and started eclipse. Perspective was there, created a new project and created a new squirrel file.
fumi
#4 Posted : Friday, September 8, 2006 1:08:20 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/5/2006(UTC)
Posts: 8

Thanks: 0 times
Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I also had problems with SQDev with both Eclipse 3.1 and 3.2.



The problem turned out to be BOM (the 3 byte code at the beginning of a
UTF-8 file) in the plugin.xml file. I'm not exactly sure how BOM got in
there, but maybe one of my tools added it in automatically.



Anyway, next time a SQDev has problems, try checking the error log in

"About Eclipse" -> "Configuration Details" -> "View Error Log"



If you see that the "plugin.xml" file is causing problems, then you can try removing BOM.





Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
Users browsing this topic
Guest
New Topic Post Reply
Forum Jump  
You can post new topics in this forum.
You can reply to topics in this forum.
You can delete your posts in this forum.
You can edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You can vote in polls in this forum.

Clean Slate theme by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by YAF 1.9.4 | YAF © 2003-2010, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.068 seconds.