YetAnotherForum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Code Insert Image Create Link   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter Letters From Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
staei Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 8:35:56 AM(UTC)

I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody, somewhere, was practicing more than me. Larry Bird

They say practice makes man perfect, and this phrase holds true the most as far as the sphere mlb jerseys outlet of sports is concerned. The game of basketball, of course, is no exception. Quick reflexes, control of the ball, agility, ability to shoot, proper technique, etc., are all essential skills for the game to be played the way it should be. And none of these can be developed unless a lot of work is put in to master these skills.

Specially designed drills help achieve this development by focusing on a particular skill. It is advisable for children and young players to incorporate these drills in their training regime, as they lay the foundations of the game. Given below are some vital drills that should be incorporated in any practice regime.

Dribbling is the bread and butter of basketball. This gives you a wide base, and hence, good balance. Start dribbling the ball at a low height with your right hand. While dribbling, move the right hand backwards around your right leg in a circular motion until you cannot move the right hand around anymore. At this point, dribble the ball between your legs and get it frontward from the right hand to the left hand. Then while still dribbling, move the ball around your left leg, and then between your legs frontward to the right hand. Repeat this process. The kids are supposed to dribble two balls at custom patriots jerseys the same time for five minutes nonstop.

Heads up Direction Change DrillThis drill is employed to develop the kids' ability to michael kors bags outlet dribble the ball without looking. While the players dribble, they are supposed to move in the direction to which the coach points. This is very important as the player is always aware of the positions of his team mates as well as the opponents, thereby enhancing the vision of the player. One plays offense, while the other plays defense. The offensive player tries to score by either beating the defender and going for a lay up shot, or by shooting. One team plays defense, and the other offense. The job of the team defending is to earn a 'defensive stop'. This means that if the defenders are able to steal the ball or make a rebound, their team gets one point. If the custom cowboys jerseys attacking team manages to score, the teams switch their roles. Only the defense can earn a point. The team that manages to reach five points first wins the game.

Clean Slate theme by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)